Canadian Border Zone Spacing
US FM station located within 320 km of the Canadian border has to meet Canadian border zone spacing requirements.
The table below lists spacing requirements for US FM stations with respect to Canadian stations based on FCC 73.207 rule.
|Relation||Co-Channel (Same Frequency)||200 kHz (1st Adjacent Channel)||400 kHz (2nd or 3rd Adjacent Channel)||600 kHz (3rd Adjacent Channel)|
|A1 - A1||78 km||45 km||24 km||20 km|
|A1 - A||131 km||78 km||44 km||40 km|
|A1 - B1||164 km||98 km||57 km||53 km|
|A1 - B||190 km||117 km||71 km||67 km|
|A1 - C1||223 km||148 km||92 km||88 km|
|A1 - C||227 km||162 km||103 km||99 km|
|A - A||151 km||98 km||51 km||42 km|
|A - B1||184 km||119 km||64 km||55 km|
|A - B||210 km||137 km||78 km||69 km|
|A - C1||243 km||168 km||99 km||90 km|
|A - C||247 km||182 km||110 km||101 km|
|B1 - B1||197 km||131 km||70 km||57 km|
|B1 - B||223 km||149 km||84 km||71 km|
|B1 - C1||256 km||181 km||106 km||92 km|
|B1 - C||259 km||195 km||116 km||103 km|
|B - B||237 km||164 km||94 km||74 km|
|B - C1||271 km||195 km||115 km||95 km|
|B - C||274 km||209 km||125 km||106 km|
|C1 - C1||292 km||217 km||134 km||101 km|
|C1 - C||302 km||230 km||144 km||111 km|
|C - C||306 km||241 km||153 km||113 km|
- US and Canadian Class A1 stations which have been notified to the opposite country with maximum permitted facilities of 0.250 kW (250 watts) at 100 meters HAAT (or less) are listed in the table below as Class A1.
- US and Canadian Class A stations which have been notified to the opposite country with maximum permitted facilities of 6.0 kW ERP at 100 meters HAAT (or less) are listed in the table below as Class A.
- US Class C3 stations are considered Class B1 stations.
- US Class C2 stations are considered Class B stations.
- US Class C0 stations are considered Class C stations.